Hernia surgery1

Replies
Views
MJT821
Mar 13, 2022 6:47 pm
Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask questions. Ive had my colostomy for 17 years. Recently had hernia surgery and right around my stoma, it use to stick out, kind of like half a grape fruit. After the surgery, its now pretty flat, and im having problems with leaks, causing me to change my ostomy supplies every 1-2 days. 

As well on the bottom of my stoma, i have weepy skin.

Any suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Past Member
Mar 13, 2022 8:00 pm
Hey MJ , did they use some kind of Mesh ??? If so please keep us posted on the performance of the Mesh . Thanks
Eamon ?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

ron in mich
Mar 14, 2022 2:06 pm
Hi Mike i have a dip in my skin at the bottom of my stoma and occasionally get a raw spot there, what i do is make sure the skin is dry then i put a dab of paste on a qtip and spread it on the raw spot then i put a piece of a ring over it then my wafer on and that usually works for me. good luck
MJT821
Mar 14, 2022 6:59 pm
Thanks everyone, i appreciate the advice and suggestions.

Mike