What Size Wafers Do I Need for 1 3/4 Ostomy Pouches?

Replies
Views
OverWithThisOstomy-Maria
Mar 25, 2023 6:26 pm

I have ostomy pouches that are 1 3/4, so what size wafers do I need and what are they called in medical terms?

CrappyColon
Mar 25, 2023 6:39 pm

Did they not give you a list of supplies to order from a medical supply company? Do you have access to an ostomy nurse?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

eefyjig
Mar 25, 2023 6:41 pm

http://www.shieldhealthcare.com/community/ostomylife/2017/04/10/ostomy-terms-explained-ostomy-glossary/

The bag itself is a pouch. The barrier is the sticky part that sticks to your skin and it has a hole or opening that fits around your stoma. Sounds like the hole in your barrier is 1 3/4 inches? Then there are sticky rings that some people use—I do—that fit snugly around your stoma. And zillions of other products, too!

xnine
Mar 25, 2023 6:55 pm

If you use Hollister products, I looked at their site and this is what I found: pouch 18352 1 3/4 green label fits

flange 13402 1 3/4 cut to fit green label

flange 13503 1 3/4 pre-cut to 7/8 inch opening green label

flange 13504 1 3/4 pre-cut to 1 inch opening green label

Greens go with greens, I am red

Wafer = flange

jeanneskindle
Mar 25, 2023 10:17 pm
Reply to xnine

Flange fits over stoma. The hole is measured in diameter. Mine is 1 & 3/4. The Tupperware-type bag attached must fit the correct flange, which can come precut, which is my preference.
ConvaTec Natural sur-fit (125270) goes with drainable pouch 401502. Bags come with clips. I also use Coloplast Brava paste around the flange ring. I use Derma rite StingFree liquid skin prep and protectant, and KARAYA 5 stoma powder. I hope this helps! 🤗

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play