Optimal Squeeze for Ostomy Rings: Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
gutenberg
Feb 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Greetings fellow Ostomates, I have a minor question for you all concerning Adapt Rings or any ring for that matter, and it goes something like this: Let's say my stoma is one inch and when I stretch my ring, I take it to 7/8 inch, which gives me a 1/16 squeeze all around, and it works perfectly. Since I started doing this about four months ago, I've never had a leak, and my wafer will easily last a week. So, my question is, does anybody have another set of figures that I could contemplate? I can work with metric or inches, so any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed

eddie
Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Login to see image

Hi Ed, I use adapt rings.   The 1" ring fits around my stoma without stretching.  it is the smallest size holister has.  Glad this is working for you friend!

eddie
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.