Tips for Cleaning Up Ileostomy Spills on Floors and Carpets

Replies
Views
Tezter
Oct 26, 2023 10:50 pm

So I can't help but notice how the waste can leave a yellow tint on the toilet bowl. Anyone have tips for bag spills on the floor or carpet? I'd rather figure this part out before an accident. Good cleaners, techniques, tools, etc.

infinitycastle52777
Oct 27, 2023 1:45 am

I use Lysol Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner, but if that does not work, you can try bleach.

Lee

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Longroad78
Oct 28, 2023 2:50 am

One of those Hoover or Bissell spot carpet cleaners works on anything. You can find them on Amazon, Costco, Walmart, pretty much anywhere. I used them to get chocolate stains out of sofa fabric and any other stain you can think of on fabric. They have different cleaners for pet stains, so I would imagine they would make short work of the stains you're concerned about. Prices range from $109 to $150. For flooring, use a normal floor cleaner or bleach if your tile grout is not sealed well.

gentlejohn
Oct 29, 2023 1:54 am

First of all, when you empty your pouch, make sure you first put toilet paper around the area that will be receiving the output. That will first prevent splashes and, secondly, might keep the output off the bowl. I have had good results with liquid Lysol cleaning solution that you mix with water. Be careful; Lysol has a bunch of different products, some of which I would not use anywhere other than a toilet bowl. I use the Lysol mix in a sprayer. I used it when my dog was incontinent. I have not needed other cleaners for carpet or floors. They do make cleaners to clean up biological waste, but I have not used them. I have used Shout for soiled clothing, and I would expect it would work on carpet too.