Preparing for Surgery - Tips on Handling 64 oz of Miralax

Replies
Views
Beached
Jun 27, 2024 3:27 am

I need help figuring out how to drink that 64 oz of Miralax and what kind of mess I can expect.

The day is coming Friday to go for the second surgery. I'm terrified almost more of the laxatives and Miralax cocktail that is required to start in the morning. My Hollister bags don't hold that much. I don't want a blowout or to live in the bathtub. Any tips? The doctors didn't have any suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

Kas
Jun 27, 2024 11:38 am

It's hard on such short notice, but they make a high-output bag that you can get. It has a spout on the bottom that attaches to a second bag with a long hose and a big bag (Foley catheter bag).

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

DexieB
Jun 27, 2024 1:41 pm

Hello, my wound nurse ordered me a high-capacity output bag like Kas described. I don't know how I would have done my bowel prep without it. Not sure if you can get it on short notice... check with your wound nurse! Best of luck!

Cplumber
Jun 27, 2024 3:38 pm

Try mixing it with lemonade and drinking it over ice. That helps for me. If you make it strong (not booze), you can mix more.