Another Sunday, another walk on the wild side

Replies
Views
Beachboy
Jul 01, 2024 2:01 am

Had lunch at Park Bench Cafe in Huntington Beach Central Park.  Fully stuffed and Nu-Hope belt in place, took a stroll around the lake.

We discovered a tiny Hummingbird nest at the tip of a tree branch.  Inside were 2 tiny, hungry chick's.  We could see their heads and beaks poking out of the nest... waiting for mom to return with a snack.

Login to see image
Then Mom returned.  Unfortunately I could only get pictures in portrait mode.  So following pictures are side ways.

Login to see image

Login to see image
You can see the little beaks at the bottom.

This one is correct orientation.

Login to see image
Pretty neat to see.

7dragonflies.hm
Jul 01, 2024 2:31 am

Hummingbirds?! Good grief, you can barely see them whizzing by but to actually be lucky enough to spot an active nest...now that is something! How cool, awesome you caught such a rarity!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

kittybou
Jul 01, 2024 2:47 am

That is lucky! Great pictures.Thank you!

AlexT
Jul 01, 2024 4:28 am

Cool pics. We get hummingbirds here as they migrate thru, usually get to see a couple every fall. 

HenryM
Jul 01, 2024 8:26 am

Absolutely fantastic!!!  

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Jayne
Jul 01, 2024 12:37 pm

BB

Lovly pics as ever - TY for sharing

waves across the pond

Jayne

warrior
Jul 02, 2024 2:07 am

Great pics. You got good eyes.

But....Dan....you dont think they popped their heads up cause they saw yur stoma and they started  chirping  " lunch!...Mom over there..big worm..worm food!!" 

Beachboy
Jul 02, 2024 4:13 am
Reply to warrior

They must have known mom was near.  They got really excited, bouncing up and down.  Then mom zipped up and fed them.  Not something you see everyday.

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image
Unfortunately this picture is sideways.  I'll add one to my profile where I can rotate it.

Morning glory
Jul 03, 2024 1:48 pm
Reply to warrior

Lol that's  a good one

Morning glory
Jul 03, 2024 1:49 pm

Great pictures Dan. Lucky you to spot these amazing  birds.