Irrigation and Vomiting Stools - What's Going On?

Replies
Views
Shitt Happens
Jul 11, 2024 6:10 pm

Hello gang,
I have been irrigating my stoma for over 6 years and everything is going well except this morning, I had a big headache while inserting the water for my irrigation. Sorry to write this, but I threw up (vomited) my stools about 1/2 cup. What happened to me??? Has anyone in this group had this happen too? PS: Nothing special about dinner the day before (toast, cheese, and rice + small cone of chocolate ice cream). Can you help me, please? Sorry for my English writing, I'm from Quebec, Canada :) Merci!

Bonjour la gang,
Je fais l'irrigation de ma stomie depuis plus de 6 ans et tout va bien sauf ce matin, un gros mal de coeur en insérant l'eau pour mon irrigation. Désolé de l'écrire mais j'ai vomi mes selles environ 1/2 tasse. Que m'est-il arrivé??? Est-ce qu'il y a quelqu'un dans ce groupe à qui c'est arrivé?? PS: rien de spécial sur le souper de la veille (toast, fromage et riz + petit cornet de crème glacée au chocolat). Pouvez-vous m'éclairer svp?

Kas
Jul 12, 2024 1:18 am

You vomited up stool? Or did I misunderstand?

If that's correct, it is typically indicative of an obstruction and you should be seen by a medical provider.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

IGGIE
Jul 12, 2024 4:14 am

Get to the emergency room ASAP, go now. IGGIE

Shitt Happens
Jul 12, 2024 4:49 pm

UPDATE, I managed to do my irrigation this morning without gagging and without vomiting. I work well. I'm going to follow myself closely. I wonder if this might be my new diabetic pill that I've been taking for 2 weeks now and that I took 5 minutes before starting my irrigation!!! But what an unpleasant feeling. Anyway, thank you for your answers, Danielle.

IGGIE
Jul 14, 2024 3:06 pm
Reply to Shitt Happens

G-Day. Shit happens. That doesn't change the fact that you vomited shit. A diabetic pill does not direct shit to your mouth. Are you joking? Regards, IGGIE

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play