3 Weeks After Hartmann's Reversal - Hospital Update and Recovery Progress

Replies
Views
Differentclass
Aug 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Hi all. Update on my reversal procedure. Spiking temperature sees me back in the hospital on IV antibiotics. Not what I wanted. Good news is scans reveal all is well with the join and bowels starting to behave as they should! Hopefully home in a couple of days... onward and upwards. Will update progress as we go, but feeling positive and better now that battery acid has abated!

Jayne
Aug 21, 2024 9:07 pm

Thanks for updating us, Different Class -

Take good care of yourself

and hope recovery continues to progress well - now that battery acid is managed

Best wishes,

Virtual hug to the ward

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Jayne ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Morning glory
Aug 21, 2024 9:52 pm

Thanks for the update. Take care.

Axl
Aug 22, 2024 4:44 am

Good for you 👍

MsPriss
Aug 22, 2024 11:28 pm

Good to hear it is going well! If everything my surgeon says is true, I'll probably be having the same procedure in the next 6-18 months. (He said as short as 3 months, but I don't think I'm going to be ready for surgery again in 2 months).

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
DexieB
Aug 23, 2024 6:48 pm

Hi - the same happened to me after my emergency colostomy. Fevers of over 104 for quite some time. Tylenol and Ibuprofen only got me down to 101 or 102...it was scary, but more hospital time and IV antibiotics eventually worked. Glad to hear the connection is good though - best wishes!