Looking for "Lollipop" Skin Protective Swabs for Ileostomy Care

Replies
Views
HuntWorks
Sep 01, 2024 7:02 pm

When I was in the hospital, the stoma nurse showed my wife how to handle my ileostomy care. She used a skin protective swab that she called a “lollipop” - which we much prefer to the wipes - but we can’t find them anywhere. Can someone tell me what brand these might have been? Where to find them? Thanks!

Ben38
Sep 01, 2024 7:18 pm

3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

infinitycastle52777
Sep 01, 2024 7:49 pm

I know exactly what you are talking about, but I can't find them anywhere either. I have looked all over online and can't get them anywhere. I used to get them through my supplier, but they don't carry them anymore. So now I have to learn to use the wipes, which I know are not as good. They actually suck, but that is all my supplier has now.

aubygirl63
Sep 01, 2024 7:50 pm

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Hello, I had never heard of these, but after doing a little research, I found these items. Maybe one of these is what you're looking for. Best wishes. 

warrior
Sep 01, 2024 7:57 pm
Reply to aubygirl63

Good catch. Expensive stuff.

I use tap water and Ivory unscented soap... paper towel. Fan dry it. Poof. All done. But... that does not heal the redness nor help adhesion.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Bill
Sep 01, 2024 8:06 pm

My stoma nurse gave me some of these types of things that were advertised as  'A non-sensitising, and non-irritating combined barrier film and adhesive enhancer'. They worked really well and were called 'Fusion'.

On the box  The contact details were:

Prosys International Ltd Suite *303, Highland house. 165 The Broadway, Wimbledon SW19 1NE UK. 

Distributed by:

Independence Products Ltd.
Tel: 0800 160 1399
Enquiries@ipl.uk.com
www.ipl.uk.com 

They came in a box of 5 applicators.
I hope this proves helpful!

Best wishes

Bill

Beachboy
Sep 01, 2024 9:49 pm

I use and like the 3M Cavilon swabs. Looks kind of like a mini lollipop. Great for crusting.

mandi85
Sep 06, 2024 1:05 am
Reply to infinitycastle52777

Cavillon no-sting sponges are on Amazon

rlevineia
Sep 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Here you go.  "3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film -Wand Applicator #3345 for lollipops.  I prefered the wand #3343.  Smaller foam head, less dripping.