2 Firsts

Replies
Views
Bilbo baggins
Sep 07, 2024 7:48 pm

I have just got back from my first trip away from home. Exactly 6 months since I got my pal Bilbo attached.

I rented a static caravan for 4 nights as I thought this would be the best way to learn how to live with Bilbo without having to worry about others.

I have to say it worked out very well.

Getting up 3 or 4 times a night to empty Bilbo.

I followed what my mother used to say

Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

I used flange extensions for the first time and it definitely saved one poonarmi.

I used extra large puppy pads on the bed and took all my own bedding.

If there was any indication of a leak at all I changed the pouch.

So, overall I am very pleased with myself for serviving the trip and I have booked a 14 cruise in November.

The second first?

I finally had an intentional bagless shower!!

Happy Stomaland Daze

Chris 

Morning glory
Sep 07, 2024 7:54 pm

Good for you Chris. You did a great job with  your prep and handled all very well. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

xnine
Sep 07, 2024 8:13 pm

Went on a cruise to Alaska and back. It was lovely. But watch out it was almost a pound a day weight gain.

Bilbo baggins
Sep 08, 2024 8:44 am
Reply to xnine

While in hospital for 2 months I lost 45 pounds in weight.

If the truth be known, l needed to lose 20 of them anyway. Lol

rlevineia
Sep 08, 2024 3:26 pm
Reply to xnine

Cruise ships.  Breakfast, walk around, Brunch, gamble, Lunch, Gamble, Drinks & snacks, gamble, Dinner, show & Pizza at midnight.  Enough to fill 20 stoma bags.  BURP!  Not a good Osteomate diet.  I flew to ANC, rented a car & covered the entire state in 17 days.  Ate 3 small meals & snack a day & lost 3 lbs.  Hiking helped

Login to see image

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play