Impressed by Halo's New Stoma Guard Product

Replies
Views
bagbill
Sep 21, 2024 5:26 pm

I recently tried a new stoma guard product from a company called Halo.  I bought it on Amazon and was so impressed with it I wrote the review below.  I thought I would post it here as well.  As I noted, they took a really good idea and made it even better.

I have been a StomaDome user for over ten years. This product was revolutionary for me in that it allowed me to wear all the same clothes I used to, pre-ostomy. No more fears of belts on pants or shorts, drawstrings on bathing suits, and seatbelts in cars. It also gave me freedom to continue to enjoy active sports like skiing and surfing without fear of damaging my stoma.
When I saw the Haloostomy's product on Amazon, I decided to give it a try. It arrived in nice discreet packaging that you can stash anywhere and not worry about the strips spilling out. The use of this new product is the same as my old StomaDome but I have to say it is a big improvement. First, the dome itself is a little larger, particularly in its length and height. This is important in that it helps avoid the blocking of the entry into the bag. Also, the "hook" side of the velcro strips are now done in molded plastic on the shell of the dome. This prevents that half of the attachment strip from shifting which it always would do after several months of wear. Finally, the soft "loop" side of the velcro strips comes on a sheet of plastic, not treated paper. No more worries about throwing a strip away unused because the paper stuck to it when you peeled it off. (but you can continue to use any old ones you have on hand because they are perfectly compatible)
Halo is now my new go-to choice for stoma protection.

w30bob
Sep 22, 2024 1:05 am

Bagger, thanks for the info.  My stoma is a bit too high up for that to work as it should, but maybe others will find it useful. Very easy to make if you have a 3D printer, and you can add belt loops to attach it to your existing belt, if you wear one.  Glad you found something that works for ya!!!

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

gentlejohn
Sep 22, 2024 6:42 pm

There is a similar product that I have used using a belt.  Protection Shield for Stomas does not require the velcro attachment of the dome but does similar protection with a belt.  https://stoma-protech.com/