Can You Feel Nervous Sensations with an Ostomy?

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777
Sep 30, 2024 4:56 pm

Ok, this might fall under the category of silly questions. Ok, you know how when you get nervous and you don't have an ostomy, sometimes you fart. Well, when you have an ostomy and you get nervous, you can't fart out your butt. Can you still have a sensation down there? A nervous sensation? See, I told you it's a silly question. I was just wondering.

Beachboy
Sep 30, 2024 5:05 pm

Happened to me shortly after surgery.

Thought I felt the urge to pass gas. So, I let it rip, forgetting my butt was no longer connected to the colon. Big mistake. Can you say mucus? Yes, mucus all over my underwear. What a mess. I file this sordid tale under: Things you do once.

Now I get that feeling... off to the toilet I go.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

xnine
Sep 30, 2024 5:49 pm

Yes, when I watch Facebook shorts about people falling down or sometimes car crashes.

Ben38
Sep 30, 2024 7:17 pm

Yes 'phantom' as it's known in the bag trade. 

TerryLT
Sep 30, 2024 8:58 pm

Like Beachboy, I sometimes feel like I'm going to fart, and it turns out to be mucus waiting to get out.

Terry

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Beachboy
Sep 30, 2024 9:08 pm
Reply to Ben38

I like that... the bag trade 😉