Reversal of Ileostomy - Seeking Diet and Recovery Tips

Replies
Views
itskamlol
Oct 15, 2024 12:35 am

Hi everyone! I just found this site and I got my reversal of my ileostomy on Monday last week. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help me out?

I've been struggling with finding foods that are good for me because I've been back and forth from the bathroom a lot more than I think I should.

If anyone has any advice or tips, feel free to let me know! Thanks!

warrior
Oct 15, 2024 1:31 am

Hi "kam". Welcome to our tribe.

I can't help you sadly... but others definitely will. A lot of reversals are happening, so stay tuned.

Help is on the way.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beachboy
Oct 15, 2024 7:44 am

It takes a while for your system to "wake up" and slowly return toward somewhat normal. A lot of bathroom time for a few weeks after reversal has been experienced by many reversal patients.

Good luck.

kasteinbrueck
Oct 16, 2024 1:54 am

Welcome! 

It's been just over 3 weeks since my reversal. I was on a low fiber diet for the first 10 days after reversal until I went back to my surgeon and he said there were no longer any restrictions on diet.

The first 2 weeks, I had many trips to the bathroom and used Desitin Max to relieve the pain. After 2 weeks, the pain was a lot less and now after 3 weeks, bowel movements are more regular and no longer painful. 

Good luck with your recovery. Don't try to do to much too soon. Your body needs rest.