Lump on Stoma That Hurts - Anyone Else?

Replies
Views
lruder103
Oct 16, 2024 9:09 pm

Happy to be with this group. I have a question: I have a very small lump directly on my stoma that almost looks like an ulcer and hurts so bad when poop gets on it. Has anyone ever experienced this?
Thanks, Lisa

Beth22
Oct 16, 2024 9:37 pm

Do you have a pic of it? Is it a granuloma?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beachboy
Oct 16, 2024 11:30 pm

Really need a good picture for us to render an educated guess.

Ben38
Oct 17, 2024 7:17 am

You can get ulcers on your stoma and granulomas; they can be red or white. They can even be caused by the bag itself rubbing on your stoma. I'm in the UK; I don't know if you have Sudocrem where you are. It's just diaper antiseptic cream. Just drop a small blob of anything similar on; it might give some protection for it to heal. If possible, I would see an ostomy nurse.

lruder103
Oct 17, 2024 11:02 am

I will try to put a picture up. It's going to be really difficult because it's the exact color of the stoma, so it's going to be hard to see, but I appreciate your replying to me. I've been in other groups where my questions would just go ignored, and that was really not a good feeling. And to 1038, I don't understand how putting something on it would stay on it very long. I'm sure you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Morning glory
Oct 17, 2024 5:59 pm

I have had them a couple of times. They went away on their own. Welcome to this group. You won't be ignored here. We are here for each other.

lruder103
Oct 19, 2024 5:09 pm
Reply to Beth22

Login to see image