Ileostomy friends

Replies
Views
Lulu46
Oct 20, 2024 2:22 am

Hi, I am looking for people close to me that know what I am going through and dealing with an ileostomy... I am in Ashland Kentucky my area is Considered the tristate area of Kentucky ,Ohio and West Virginia  ... If you want look me up on Facebook or Instagram  Luauna Daniels ❤️

warrior
Oct 20, 2024 10:45 am

Hi... welcome. One of the sad parts abt this site is that rarely anyone is close by.

I think there are few in yur tri state area who'd chime in. 

In my own state of NJ. there are several peeps. I met one within 20 miles. The others are 50 plus miles all over the state. 

Some won't bother for whatever stupidness they feel is right in logic. Duh..but give it time. Be patient.  Nothing beats meeting a fellow ostomate.  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

infinitycastle52777
Oct 20, 2024 7:47 pm

I don't live near you but you will find lots of friends on here that you can talk to on the boards. I wish you luck in finding someone more local to you.

Lady A
Oct 20, 2024 10:29 pm
Reply to infinitycastle52777

I think you are a very nice person .

Beachboy
Oct 21, 2024 3:35 am

Usually is hard finding another Ostemate nearby.  Check with your hospital or stoma nurse if they know of support groups in your area.  This web site is comprised of good folks with an ostomy.  Its a great place to ask questions or vent frustration.  We've all experienced up and down days.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Lulu46
Oct 21, 2024 7:08 pm
Reply to infinitycastle52777

Thank You... I am here to make new friends with people who know what I am dealing  with...

warrior
Oct 21, 2024 10:25 pm
Reply to Lulu46

Wish granted. Stay. Have some fun. But finding people close to your location may take time. 

Cheekymonkey111
Oct 21, 2024 10:27 pm
Reply to Lulu46

Welcome fellow ostomate 

how long you had your ileostomy?