Spanx/Yummie Tummie

Replies
Views
lanabana
Sep 03, 2012 11:06 am
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on which kind of spanx or yummie tummie product I need to make my ostomy bag less noticeable. I know some people really recommend ostomy secrets but I had one and had problems and know other people who had problems with them. Does anyone here wear either spanx or yummie tummie products to help with the ostomy bag, have you had any problems with drainage from the stoma? Sorry if I didnt give you enough information, if you need more just comment back what you need and I will tell you. My stoma is about an inch and a half below my belly button and a little less than an inch over.

Thanks so much

Elena
lovetodecorate
Sep 04, 2012 3:30 pm
Hi Lana, i have not heard of either but interested in both... I have thought wearing things like this would push to hard against the stoma but perhaps not....
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mrs.A
Sep 09, 2012 1:04 am

Hi Elena,

I just purchased the "trendy top" It is actually a layering accessory. You know, to make it look as if you had two shirts on. Well the smallest size I found was 0-8, you get two in the box. And I saw sizes up to 2X. The only colors the store I got them in were black and white. Which is okay but I was hoping to find a tan or maybe even navy blue. Tan is neutral but navy blue is the color of the shirt I wear at work. I was hoping that if it was close to my shirt color it wouldn't be noticeable if my shirt should ride up. I don't plan on wearing them as a layering accessory but as a cover for my ostomy. I tried it on and it seems like it will do the job depending on how tight of a shirt is worn over top of it. The top part of it is not as wide as the bottom so you can tell which end is which. I was surprised that it isn't a bit more snug. But glad at the same time so it won't interfere with any output. I think it shouldn't be a problem raising the bottom if I need to empty out either. Don't know how soon it will be before I get to actually wear one because the weather here is still quite warm and I don't want any unnecessary sweating. I hope you find what you are looking for, and that this helped .

Login to see image

Ushant
Sep 10, 2012 1:39 pm
Hi Elena,

I have found that if you get spanx like pants they tend to be too tight and cause "pancaking" and aren't always high enough.  What I have found that works for me is the tummy control vests in M&S in a couple of sizes bigger than you are.  They hold the bag nice and close so it doesn't poke out when it bends and keeps your silhouette smooth but is not too tight.  I also try to get trousers with a more natural waist line to try to stop them causing the bag to bend and stick out.  Hope you find something that works for you.
Robinsa
Sep 10, 2012 3:50 pm
Hi Elena,

have you tried the waste bands from Comfiz. I have found them very good for holding my urostomy  pouch in place and they also keep your waste band of trousers and I suppose skirts from chaffing your stoma.

http://www.comfizz.com/

Regards

Alistair

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
KCClaire
Sep 10, 2012 4:57 pm
I tried the "Trendy Top" this past week and it worked very well. I also wish it came in nude and navy blue, but so far the black and white has suited my needs. Plus, it was only $9.95 at my local CVS, minus a 20% CVS store-wide coupon. Very affordable!
sony34
Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Hello,

I use the Spanx for when I am wearing dresses or skirts but the key is that you can't buy the usual size. You need to get a size or two bigger. And I do use the ostomy secret underwear for my pants etc...I have never had a problem with them. My 1st pair were too tight so I got a larger size after that and they seem to work well for me...I hope this helps

Login to see image

Green Eyed Lady
Sep 11, 2012 7:04 pm
Hi, I use the Ostomy Secrets panties as well and I love them. They cradle the pouch while giving me a smoother/slimmer profile. I would also suggest that you get the larger size up. Even though I wear size 6, I bought the larger size and it really does wonders. Now I'm going to look up the Trendy Top that you guys are referring to...if they can be found at CVS, all the better for me. Thanks for the input on that.
sooziq
Sep 17, 2012 2:26 am
Trendy Tops are great and Flexxes  and Olga tummy control underwear for ladies at Kohls--get size larger.