Aug 03, 2013 9:35 am

Login to see image

Login to see image

How many of you remember, the heartfelt post by Walayapo, who has set up

the Papua New Guinea Stoma Association for those poor people on the Island

who do not have the luxury of Stoma Bags. For the last few weeks I have been

changing my bag a day later and have built up 10 spare bags, which I posted

to the PGN Stoma Association yesterday. The postage, airmail, was £4.70 from

the U.K.  If we could all do something similar, just once a year, it would make an

incredible difference to those people, who are not in a position to help themselves.

Login to see image

come on, What Can You Do

Login to see image

Bill
Aug 04, 2013 9:23 am
Hello pussycat.  What is the full address. I still have bags left over from before I started irrigating and using plugs.

Best wishes  Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

pussycat
Aug 04, 2013 11:06 am
Hi Bill, This is very kind of you and lets hope you are the first of many. I hope this site

will allow this address as it is the Association's , not the members,

PAPUA NEW GUINEA STOMA ASSOC.,

P.O. BOX 475,

PORT MORESBY,

PAPUA NEW GUINEA,

On behalf of the Association,

Thank you very much indeed,

marilyn
Bill
Aug 05, 2013 1:16 pm
Hello pussycat.   I just posted a load of ostomy bags without their boxes and it cost me £12:85. Forgive my cynicism but I was mindful of a thought that there must come a point where it would be more economical to just send these type of charities a cheque and throw the surplus goods in the bin.  I may be way off base in these thoughts, as I don't have to pay for my own goods on the NHS. and have no idea of their market value.

Best wishes  Bill
pussycat
Aug 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Login to see image

Hi Bill, that's really good of you, but the £12.85 would probably end up in someone's pocket,

whereas they would have to find someone to sell the bags to, instead of those who are

currently using selotape and plastic bags experiencing an element of dignity. You can have the satisfaction of knowing that your act of charity, which is what it most certainly is, will

only benefit the people who really need it, a very rare event!

Best wishes and a great deal of respect for sending those "surplus goods"

marilyn  xxxx

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
Bill
Aug 06, 2013 5:11 am
Hello marilyn.  I appreciate your cynicism about the money as that is the sort of thought that often crosses my mind regarding charities and particularly those overseas. As you say, it becomes a little harder if they have to sell the goods rather than give them away.  Let's hope it's all above board and the right people benefit.  Best wishes  Bill