Occasional Knotted Feeling in Bowels with Ileostomy

Replies
Views
flowerlady
Dec 28, 2016 1:09 am

I have had my ileostomy for 5 years. During the last year I have occassionally experienced what feels like my bowels being knotted up when I happen to stretch out ...  mainly when lying in the bathtub & raise myself to a sitting position. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Ozzwood
Dec 28, 2016 4:01 pm

I've had my colostomy for a year and I feel the same thing.  In fact, I can literally feel it under my skin.  I believe it to be scar tissue.  I know I grow a lot of it.  :)  I'm not saying that is what yours is, but just a suggestion.  

If it's painful for you, I suggest letting your doctor know about what you're feeling. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

flowerlady
Dec 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks, Ozzwood. I will check with my doctor or ostomy nurse.

Ewesful
Jan 06, 2017 9:36 am

I also agree about adhesions - scar tissue - and it can become a problem.

Before the fabric covering that is now used by some surgeons the adhesions could be almost as bad as the problem.  Every surgery has the potential of adhesions.  I was so lucky to get the fabric and I only had one problem area and it "let go" or whatever as it is okay now.  I don't know if there is a solution but I do know it can be pretty serious in some cases. I would definitely request specific info from the Dr.

Good luck

flowerlady
Jan 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Thank you Ewesful for the info. Will be contacting my surgeon .

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play