Tummy control vests in M&S/any products to hide....

Replies
Views
lanabana
Oct 07, 2012 12:42 am
Hi someone had mentioned this product on a message board and I am trying to find out who makes the product. If anyone has any info please just let me know. Also if you have a product you love that works with covering up the bottom part of an  ostomy bag where it gets fat and if your a girl and want to look nice and wear a skirt or dress you kiinda or look like you might be hiding something under that dress..
notexpectingthis
Oct 07, 2012 1:28 am
I used the classic wrap from ostomysecrets . com ------They sell it in black, white & taupe.

The are about $30. Wash incredibly well!!  There is an inside pocket that you slip the bag into - they helped me to get back out into public.

There is also someone on here that has tried & used "trendy top" it comes in boxes of two & I have seen them at my local CVS pharmacy for $10 a box. They are thick & snug so they may work to help the bag lay down - but they have no inside pocket to slip the bag into.

I just had a reversal about a month ago & still have retention sutures in. My abdomen is still VERY tender. So today while I was out I bought a box of "trendy top"s from the as seen on tv section of my local CVS.  They are very comfortable & the lightly firm snug feeling makes my achy abdomen feel alot better.

If I still had the bag, think I would stick with the ostomy secrets though. I liked that pocket cause it kept the bag in one place & kept it from laying against my skin. They also are made of a material that I don't think would loose it's shape throughout the day & it helps all those surgery lumps & bumps lay down!!!

Hope this helps!

Melissa
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bubbles2010
Oct 13, 2012 5:11 am
I use ostomysecrets.com products as well. They are life changing! I have different underwear which I wear almost every day unless my clothes are having pantie line issues and then I use the wrap. I also sometimes use the wraps for intimate times if I think about it before hand. Their stuff isn't cheap, but they run sales and with how much use I get out of them, I consider them an amazing investment. I have them in small, medium and large for all the different weights I go through.

Tonight I didn't wear either one and my tight jeans caused my bag to start to leak by the end of the night. Nothing major, but it was clear how much of a difference Ostomy Secrets makes!

The thongs from Ostomy Secrets work for visible pantie lines, but they go up way higher than my pants do in the back and have a peep hole which, while cute, is not cute to me if my camisole were to come untucked and show. So I barely ever wear the thongs for that reason.
toodie
Oct 17, 2012 11:58 am
I've posted on this subject inthe past- if you search you'll find previous suggestions too. My solutions have been high waisted light control underpants. My Stoma is quite high and I have a long torso so I need special fit.
Robinsa
Oct 17, 2012 4:07 pm
Hi, I use the mens version of the waste band.

Alistair

http://www.comfizz.com/products/ostomy/level1/ladies.html

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
bmeup
Nov 12, 2012 3:36 pm
Hi Lanabana,

I use Ostomy Secrets wraps as well and their undies too.  They are very expensive (to me) at 25-30 bucks apiece.  I just found some really cute things at Awestomy.com.  Check them out. I do want to caution you against wearing something too tight around the middle.  I learned the hard way what can happen when my stoma is wrapped too tight.  Now I look for the slimming undergarments which go down the thigh and if I buy them about 2 or 3 sizes larger than my actual size they work great and are very comfortable.  Be sure to wear boy shorts or some other type of regular undies to prevent the pouch from resting directly against your skin.  Sadly, I haven't found anything yet which allows me to wear the pencil skirts and super slinky dresses I could look so great in if it were not for that bulge on my tummy, but oh well...  I'm still in fashion rehab.  Good luck and keep us posted on what you find. I have learned about great products on this site that I would never have found on my own.  

Cheers!

Tamarah