Issues with Canned Fruit Filling in Pie Making?

Replies
Views
freedancer
Sep 01, 2017 2:07 am

Have any of you had issues with the canned fruit filling used in pie making??  It is cooked so I was wondering if it has caused a blockage for anyone??

Bill
Sep 01, 2017 5:27 am

Hello freedancer.

It's never caused a probem for me!

best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mrs.A
Sep 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi freedancer,

I haven't had any issues that I remember. I think if you chew your food very very well and eat in moderation we're going to be okay. With winter soon arriving I look forward to having a bit of pie now and then, just got to be careful not to overindulge.

paulaAZ
Sep 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi there Freedancer ... 

as others have said, you should be fine.  As my WOCN told me, moderation is the key.  Just chew well and enjoy the pie.

Paula

bigal1579
Sep 04, 2017 4:51 pm

In addition to the above excellent answers, testing is a great solution.  Bake your pie and have a bite or two.  The next day test out 4-5 bites and then move on to a full helping.  You can really do that with any food you love.  I guess I'm very lucky, because I eat everything.

And don't give up on foods you love.  Technically your body is constantly healing.  It's estimated that over 7 years you have replaced virtually every cell in your body.  The time frame for a major surgery is that you are healing over the course of years, not just days or months, plus if you have had a large organ removed, it takes a long time for your body to re-arrange everything.

So if you love cherries or stuffed cabbage or whatever, and early on were afraid or they didn't work, give it a little time and test again.  Your body is constantly healing and improving.

Over time my body has figured it out and I can eat everything.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play