Support Groups for Ileostomy Caregivers Online

Replies
Views
Navigator
Nov 28, 2018 11:27 pm

Hello Planet Earth. Is there a chat room or online advisor on line for Iliostomycaregivers to voice or vent ? Thank you.

Bill
Nov 29, 2018 6:58 am

Hello Navigator. I don't know of any specific online support for ileostomy carers. There are a ffew organisations which cater for care givers  but they tend to be general care rather than specific because many carers have similar problems not matter what is amiss with their charges. However, If you want to vent, I can see no reason why you cannot do that on this site while you are looking for something more pertinent to your needs. a few carers have been on here before and they have been made very welcome. There is a sense in which we are all carers for each other on this site so we may have more insight than might be available from the general public.  I have written several rhyming verses in support of caregivers as I feel tha in general they get a raw deal from those who would otherwise be in a postion to help in a practical and emotional way.  I'll reproduce one of my poems below just for you!

Best wishes

Bill 

WHO CARES FOR THE CARERS.

Caring is a selfless task
done by one for others.
The sort of task that children ask
of fathers and of mothers.

Caring can be caring ‘for’
of that there is no doubt.
But surely it is so much more
if carers care ‘about’.

Carers deserve a great respect
for all the work they do.
It should not be what we would expect
of these selfless few.

There’s many reasons people care
and carers care a lot.
In every season they are there
so the cared-for’s not forgot.

But who cares for the carers when
their energy is spent?
How many people are there then
and how many are absent?

When a carer starts to tire
desiring a well-earned rest.
Many things will then conspire
to put them to the test.

A carer’s work that takes its toll.
is not for everyone.
Who is there to take that roll
which no one else has done.

What happens to a carer’s need
to stop just for a while.
Who steps up to do this deed
and go the extra mile?

B. Withers 2013

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

iMacG5
Dec 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Thanks for the post, Navigator, and thanks, Bill, for another work of art. If you "talk" with us, Nav, you might accomplish a couple of things. You might make us aware of how much we take for granted. We might recognize that the folks caring for us are real, live people who get tired, hungry, and just plain pissed off sometimes. We might get to feel some empathy for them if we can just make our own needs less immediate. Caregivers are in a class by themselves and, if we try to imagine changing places with them, well, that could change things.

Mike

Ostomate & woundr
Mar 09, 2024 7:47 am

Navigator, the United Ostomy Association has all of the resources that you have requested. The link is here:

https://www.ostomy.org/