Accessing an Ostomy Nurse in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario

Replies
Views
Last leaf
Jan 08, 2019 3:41 pm

How does one access an ET nurse in the Kitchener, Ontario area?  Are there support groups perhaps at st. Mary’s hospital.  If so, when?

Past Member
Jan 08, 2019 6:37 pm

I live in Waterloo, and i was told every 2nd tuesday of the month the is a group that meets at the church on Westmount, west side just south of Erb St. Unfortunately I have not been able to check it out.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm

Can you ask your surgeon about this? There should be an ET nurse in the hospital where your surgery was performed - he/she should be able to tell you what is available in the community (and there should be a Waterloo chapter of Ostomy Society of Canada - if all else fails, Google them - they will be able to tell you the details of community meetings.) We have meetings in London 5 times a year. I find them REALLY helpful. Also, did you not get any support from LHINS? (used to be CCAC) They should have an ostomy nurse that should be doing home visits for support of new ostomy patients. You may need to call your local LHINS to find out. When I had my surgery, they sent an ET nurse who made 3 home visits, and brought a ton of supplies. Hope this is helpful - good luck.