Challenges with an Inverted Stoma Seal

Replies
Views
Reluctantcolostomy
May 05, 2019 7:16 pm

My stoma is approximately 3.5"x 3". All of it is below the skin. I have a lot of difficulty getting the wafer to seal tight where the skin changes to the actual stoma area. Any suggestions?

Pirrip
May 05, 2019 8:08 pm

I find tensing the stomach muscles whilst applying pressure tight around where you want it to stick good. I find they stcik for another day or two! Good luck! and dont use soap, or if you do, rinse real thoroughly or those tiny bits of soap weaken the glue! wot fun!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Two bags
May 06, 2019 8:41 am

Hi,  Do you use a flat seal under the wafer? I also have a flat stoma that is flush with my skin. I need to use a seal under the wafer, it helps it to stick, and protects the skin from corrosion. There are lots of different seals available, don't know if you are familiar with them. My choice is the Eakin Seal.

ron in mich
May 06, 2019 1:00 pm
Hi reluctant have you tried heating the wafer with a blow dryer so its stickier and also using a belt. good luck
looking forward
May 13, 2019 1:00 am

Why did that happen?

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play