Ostomy Memories of June 21

Replies
Views
HenryM
May 16, 2021 10:08 am

MY CALENDAR SAYS THAT June 21 is the first day of summer, still five weeks away. It is something to look forward to no matter what your age, as it evokes images of pleasant activities outside with friends and family. “Summer afternoon,” said Henry James, “to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” This particular date, speaking technically, marks the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere (the day with the most hours of sunlight) and the winter solstice in the Southern Hemisphere (fewest hours of sunlight). Summer afternoons smell of cut grass, scented skin protectant lotions, and backyard grilling. Because I’m a Floridian, I get an early preview of summer, and although Spring and Fall are my two favorite seasons, I can certainly understand James’s enthusiasm for the warmest months. For an ostomy person, however, it could mean more frequent changes as more sweating means a need to get a new appliance on occurs more often. All due respect to Henry James, we could all come up with our own “two most beautiful words in the English language.” I propose: butterfinger blizzard.

bays6513
May 16, 2021 5:15 pm

Hello,

Wow you took me back in the day!  To the summer afternoon's! So lovely! And love your proposal and I concer yummy 😋. 

Butterfinger Blizzard

Hmmmm have me thinking of a good  root beer float! 

Thank you! Always look forward to read what u post HenryM .

BAYS 🦋🧚‍♀️

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.