Skin Issue Resolved with Your Helpful Advice!

Replies
Views
freedancer
Jul 18, 2021 1:24 am

Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions and advice for my skin issue.  I am happy to say that it is greatly improved. I have been changing out the skin barrier and seal a little more often and also started a new box of my wax seals. It appeared that I had gotten a bad box.  As soon as I started using the new box, there was no longer any leaking.  I also made a point of not eating past 6pm.  I found some special powder that the doctor had given me for inflammation of my hysterectomy scar that was breaking out due to the heat and used it on the skin around the inflamed stoma and within two days the skin had cleared up completely.  This told me that the issue was heat related for sure. You folks were a great help to me and I am very grateful.  I hope you are all well.  Pamela aka Freedancer

lovely
Jul 18, 2021 2:58 am

Thanks for the update. So glad you have gotten things under control

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Morning glory
Jul 18, 2021 4:12 am

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you’re healing well. What is the name of the powder that you used ?

freedancer
Jul 18, 2021 4:55 am

The name of the powder is Miconazole Nitrate 2% Topical Powder.

Ritz
Jul 18, 2021 8:41 pm

Freedancer.... I'm so happy you got the issue resolved. Here in our 120 degree weather and mostly sun ...is the time of year I stay inside to protect from rashes . 
Glad you've mended , Ritz

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play