Can I Join the Police with an Ileostomy?

Replies
Views
RachyG
May 24, 2010 1:16 pm
Hello! For about 4/5 years now, ive wanted to go into the police. I had an ileostomy back in February and i am curious to whether i can actually join or not?

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Login to see image

Sun
May 24, 2010 2:28 pm
https://www.meetanostomate.org/discussion-forum/viewtopic.php?t=149&view=previous&sid=a6ff756c9250a6ec2db54ca902c1949a

Login to see image

!--Session data--

!--Session data--
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
May 24, 2010 6:16 pm
My dad was in police and my sister is now. I've asked them before if they would discriminate against an ostomy and they've both said 'No, definitely not'

I looked at my sisters application when she was applying and the questions aren't easy.

If you fail your application you have to wait another 3/4 months to reapply.

I would definitely recommend joining the specials as it might give you an advance and a little taste of the job.
Past Member
May 25, 2010 11:21 am
Rachy, I dont know about the UK, but my oldest boys girlfriend went into the FBI Accadamy and as long as she passed everything and it was hard but got easier as time passed.  Rachy you seem like the kind of person that could do this and would be good at being a Police women.  Your kindness is always a good thing in life as no one likes a mean person and most of the police or FBI that I know are cool.  If I ever get to England and saw you dressed as a Police women I would think man this is awesome and you are the perfect age to start this kind of ineresting Job.  But Tim really knows way more than I do about the Police Force, all I know is always say you want to work in Intelagance when they ask, less dangerous.  Good Luck, Rachy and I am glad to see good young people wanting to work these days, God Bless you Hon, Love Jenny and Good Luck
Mardi gras man
May 26, 2010 12:46 pm
I have been a policeman for 30 years, I have been wearing a bag for the last 3 years, I am lucky because I am a Detective but when I work my extra job I have to wear my full uniform. It is hard to wear the rig belt because it pulls on the bag and I have to change it alot more while in uniform. This has not really effected my job performance. I wish you the best and you can have a career in law enforcement while wearing a bag. If you need any help or advise feel free to contact me.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play