Increased Rectal Drainage After Orgasm: Is There a Connection?

Replies
Views
Barbarajo
Jan 08, 2023 7:22 pm

I have a rectal vaginal fistula due to radiation for rectal cancer. I have a colostomy and a whopping paraostomal hernia. Regarding rectal drainage, I experienced all this 14 years ago. During that time, I had no sexual activity. I am now interested. I have been having orgasms, but I am concerned the rectal drainage has really increased. Is this related to each other? I am quite concerned.

Bill
Jan 11, 2023 7:36 am

Hello Barbarajo.

I am disappointed that nobody seems to have replied to your post, so have decided to give it a go myself (despite the obvious fact that I don't know much about rectal drainage for rectal cancer).

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are having these difficulties and secondly, It must be even more frustrating trying to cope with it on your own without support. 
It is with regard to the latter, that you have probably come onto this site to try to rectify. I have been on here for a few years and have not come across a similar request for information, so I am presuming that not many people have experienced this. In which case, maybe this site is not the one to be looking for the answer to the questions you pose.

I have Googled ‘Managing rectal drainage for rectal cancer’ and found the site below: 

https://community.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/forum/19097-rectal-cancer-mucus.. 

There are many other sites listed which might have support groups attached to them.

Also, there is the more obvious approach, which is to seek medical advice on this subject. It ids likely that incontinence or stoma nurses might be the likely ones with knowledge on this type of problem.

I do hope you mange to find some informative, practical and emotional support soon.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.