Did Any UK Urostomists Get the Summer Urostomy Magazine?

Replies
Views
Miss Scarlet
Jul 25, 2010 8:09 pm

I was wondering if any UK Urostomists received the summer edition of the Urostomy magazine. I could not believe it when it dropped through my letterbox. I had been at the Glasgow Dansac roadshow a few months ago in Glasgow. The roadshow is doing the rounds of the UK and is well worth a visit. The main feature of the roadshow is a play entitled "Still Me Waving," which takes a look at living with a stoma.
Anyway, I was gobsmacked because I had my picture taken at the roadshow, and the picture ended up on the front cover of the magazine. I still cannot believe it.

lottagelady
Jul 25, 2010 8:58 pm
Nice surprise! Think we need a pic of the cover now! xx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Miss Scarlet
Jul 26, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks for your reply, lottagelady. I sent a copy of the magazine to my mum, who is in a retirement home. She is 87. She is now telling all the residents she has a famous daughter.
x

sherl1
Jul 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Login to see image

Hi Miss Scarlet. Which summer edition of the magazine do you mean? I am a member of the Urostomy Association, so that is a different one I think. Is it from Dansac I suppose? I've never seen their magazine. Mike.

Login to see image

Talk anytime you want; I'm not a full member either.
Miss Scarlet
Jul 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi Sher1
There is only one Urostomy Association in the UK. I was at a Dansac open day when the photo was taken. I was on a bike. If you are a member, you should have received this magazine last week.
Maureen

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
sherl1
Jul 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello Maureen, did you receive my new magazine last week? I was reading it, but the trouble is I'm moving out of the house temporarily, so the magazine could be anywhere at the moment. I will keep an eye out for it with you on the front cover. Good article about traveling, with the new body scanners at the major airports. Mike.
Login to see image

Miss Scarlet
Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm
Yes That was a very interesting article about the body scanners. The same story appeared in the colostomy magazine the month before ( I am also a member of the colostomy assoc ) Take care. x
sherl1
Jul 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi Maureen, have you been away and used these scanners yet? I just wonder what they would say to us all. Mike.
Login to see image

Past Member
Jul 27, 2010 12:58 pm

Maureen, gosh, that had to make you feel proud, and your mom too. If there is any way I can buy this magazine off the net, I would love to. I think you are one classy lady and also a real class act. You are good to people and seem to care a great deal, and you have just the right personality, so when we say you are genuine, we know it is true. Also, I am so happy for your mom as it is cool when you can make them proud at any age. God bless, Jenny

Miss Scarlet
Jul 27, 2010 6:08 pm

No, I have not been through a scanner yet. I must look very innocent going through customs at the airport as I have never ever been stopped. I quite fancy a shot at a body scanner though.

Miss Scarlet
Jul 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi Jenny
Thank you for your kind words. Because I am a member of the Urostomy Association, the magazine is automatically sent to me. If you want a copy, try contacting the Urostomy Assoc. www.urostomyassociation.org.uk. Yes, my mum is having a great time boasting about me.
Take care
Maureen x