Does Insurance Cover the New Vitala by Convatec?

Replies
Views
bklyn girl
Sep 19, 2010 10:17 pm
Has anyone tried Vitala by Convatec yet? Heard its finally out!  Also just insurance cover it and is it expensive?
ok girl
Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm
Hi there well I googled it and it looks neet and sounds great also. Not sure I understand the concept ---can wear for 8 hrs so what do you have to do put on a bag to empty is and who can wear it ??
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Pinky
Sep 20, 2010 5:03 pm
http://www.convatec.com/en/cvtus-ostprodvit/cvt-portallev1/0/detail/0/3514/8766/vitala-continence-control-device.html

Go to the Convatec website - there is a good explanation on how Vitala works, and a phone # for placing an advance order.  

Login to see image

ok girl
Sep 20, 2010 7:50 pm
Thanks Pinky I red on as I did not have the info before and it seems to me it has a lot of do not use if's to it.
Pinky
Sep 21, 2010 10:36 pm
I spoke with Convatec too and got on the waiting list for the product.  The biggest problem would be if your colostomy is in the Transverse as opposed to the Descending or Sigmoid colon. They said the Transverse would be too hard to regulate - although that is the kind I had back in 2003 as a temporary, and that is the one that got so reliable on the Immodium.

I think there will be some hurdles to qualify - they are sending me the wafers needed for the Vitala, but when the product is available, there is also a pre-screening by phone (maybe for insurance purposes).  It will certainly be worth a try!    

Login to see image

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play