Finding the Perfect Ostomy Belt on a Budget

Replies
Views
Chris1
Oct 05, 2010 7:17 am
When I first got my bag of tricks there was no one I could find that knew a thing ... no ostomy nurse ... nothing.  My first belt was the elastic part of a back brace ... cut it off and threw away the rest of the new brace.  It was only 3" wide so it didn't cover the whole bag and was a little to heavy.  

Then I tried a cumberbun from a formal mens wear store ... that was something trying to explain why I didn't care about color or style. I looked and worked better but was a bit expensive i thought.  

Then i found the internet ... this site and a few ostomy belts but wow ... the prices were unbelievable ... for me anyway.  I gave in and bought one and it was nice with the inner pouch and all and certainly looked better.   When it began to wear some I bought a different make and the results were about the same.  

Then i got a brainstorm ... I got on line and purchased a womans black streach tubetop without the cup impressions ... just a straight top.  It cost me a whopping $3.99 and $3.75 shipping I think it was.   It works great ... all day long ... at night .... with any clothing and great for swimming ... it wicks away the water fast.  I just ordered 3 more in different colors.

For the price ... give it a try ... I think most everyone would agree its a pretty sweet deal.
beyondpar
Oct 05, 2010 1:05 pm
wheres the web site?  can you hyperlink it  on here?  tried googling it and couldnt find what you were talking about.  Michael
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

jazzsilk
Oct 06, 2010 5:26 am
Chris1,

Great idea!

Could you post some pictures and or the website where you purchased the product?

Thanks,

Keith
Beans_Momma322
Oct 09, 2010 3:32 am
http://www.tubetopstore.com/item/8998865/velcro+wrap/

That one looked like it would work well...  I was using something similar to that for a while, but it got eaten by the washer machine.  The site that this is on is basically all tube tops, anyway, so I'm sure you can find something on there!

This is a great idea!
Hazeleyes8
Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm
spandex shorts like jogger shorts

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Shelly2011
Sep 03, 2011 3:37 am
I have purchased the belly bands for pregnancy and they work pretty well. I have also purchased a wrap from ostomy secrets. They run about 25.00 each. The only thing you have to think about is the drying time when you was it. It has to air dry. I also have a stealth belt now and I don't think it works very well when someone has a small stomach and hips. The belt keeps trying to ride up to the waist. I have issues with finding things that look right on me and don't show my ostomy. My ostomy is located right at my waist line. Does anyone else have this issue?