Opinions on Colo-Magic bag liners?

Replies
Views
fable3
Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm

I saw a promo on the Uncover Ostomy Facebook page about Colo-Magic bag liners. They are supposed to be flushable and work with 2-piece products. Before I spend the money, I'd like some feedback from anyone who has tried them.

cassieandme
Apr 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I haven't tried the bag liners but someone on here posted that they have used the liners.
They said they really liked them and they are flushable. I was going to buy some but my
Dr. has scheduled me for a reversal so I didn't spend the $$. I go April 13th for the reversal.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

billdeacon
Apr 03, 2011 9:43 pm

I have the liners, but they are not easy to use, and I make more of a mess. It would be nice if they were as easy as they advertise! I bought them hoping to be able to use them when away from home; better than emptying the bag!

Pinky
Apr 04, 2011 12:15 am

Hi - I don't use the liners now because I irrigate my colostomy, but back in 2003 when I had a temporary colostomy I used them all the time with the 2-piece closed pouch (could have used them with a drainable pouch too).

I only wore them when I was out and about - not flushable in a septic system, which is what I had at home.

papop
Apr 04, 2011 3:46 am

I have been using Colo-Majic liners for 10 months now.
For me, they are great! I never have to clean a pouch - just pull the liner out, dump the contents and liner in the toilet, and flush.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
toodie
Apr 10, 2011 6:03 am

I have to admit that the prospect of a liner is interesting. I watched the video on the company's site. All I could hear was the noise/crinkling of the bag. Is it just me or is that annoying or a sensitive video microphone?

I would think that your hands are just as likely to get messy?

Chris1
Apr 14, 2011 6:02 pm

I have been using the flushable liners for almost two years now. Best thing since sliced bread, easy to use, much cleaner and sanitary. Wish they were cheaper but ... I won't go without them.