bit of a set back

Replies
Views
craig1984
Jan 21, 2011 4:26 pm
well what can i say just as im getting on well with this new stoma i notice that i have poo coming from two separate holes under my skin iv phoned my stoma nurse and have to wait until next week to see her this is hurting as my wound is still fresh what could this be??????

lottagelady
Jan 21, 2011 11:28 pm
Hi Craig - do you by anychance have whats called a loop ileostomy?? If so, that could be your second hole .... the other alternative is that it could be a fistula - not quite sure what you mean by 'under your skin'? They usually occur if you have Crohns? Not sure why your stoma was formed so cannot be much more use! Hope you get it sorted soon - may be nothing, fingers crossed. Rach xx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.