All Dave And All Night 01

Replies
Views
tragicallydave
May 13, 2011 2:03 am
Introduction - Its Simple, I'm Complicated.

I'm finally going to start doing this. Usually late at night.

Many Doctors have told me I should write a book about my life, the multiple medical conditions I have and all the stuff that has happened in and out of hospitals. But I am not the type to talk about myself. Or dwell on my situation.

Having also seen a psychiatrist for years now maybe I can do it in this Blarg(like a blog but more random)format. It was his idea too. Excuse me while I visualise you not reading this.

To say ,Things Are Complicated, is an understatement. The Ostomy Surgery was a last chance thing to avoid dialysis. My kidneys weren't coping and I was living on blood transfusions and heading for sepsis again. That was about 10 years ago and I am still not on dialysis(so far), though I do have Chronic Glomular Necrosis, Stage 2 Kidney Disease.I got that partly because I had the last of my bladder removed in my early teens as well as some kidney and whatever else.Before then,Doctors tried to renovate my plumbing as a child, after being bornwith my insides down there, on the outside. It didn't help I was born in the sixties in small town southern Alberta. A time and place far from Here, medically speaking. From what I have been able to find out, my congenital defects were likelydue to a hormonal imbalance in the womb.I really don't know exactly how many surgeries(over 20, two last year)I've had, or how much time I've spent in hospital(added up a couple years at least). This will be the first time I ever tried to document What Happened.

Getting a urostomy, ileal conduit, thing I hate but saved my life(again),to me wasNOT No Big Deal ,but I have been through much worse.This we have in common, but I've yet to meet anyone else born with the same condition(s) as me that led to all this mess.

PJT
May 11, 2011 5:16 pm
Hi Dave,

I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading this and your interesting profile. I have a close friend of many years who also had her bladder removed and whe now has an internal reservoir. Like you, I think hers was a congenital issue. We've been friends for 25 years, but the funny thing is we rarely talk about our ostomies. We met because of them but our ostomies don't define us I suppose. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy the stories, revalations and advice of all the wonderful people on this site.

PJT
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
May 13, 2011 1:53 am
WOW....Beautifully written for sure, Dave.

I appreciate the difficulty you've endured and admit I've never known anyone with your described congenital malformation. The fact that you have overcome such advisory since birth, is to be admired. I agree with your doctor, you SHOULD write a book! What an inspiration you are. Certainly puts my history in perspective.

Thank you for sharing your story. I realise that it wasn't easy for you. It takes a lot of courage to trust your personal life with strangers. I hope this site proves to be a place where you'll feel safe to continue to share. At the very least, just know that you're not alone.

Continue to take care of yourself. YOU ARE A MIRACLE.

BEG