Ostomy Support Group in PA/MD and other states. Everyone is welcome!

Replies
Views
pegmarston
Jul 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Hi All,

I have found there are not many support groups in PA that meet at a minimum once a month. I would like to start a support group and would like to know if there are anyone out there interested in joining. I want to make sure there is a need and if there would be people who would like to attend.

The meetings would be a min of once a month. We could have outings/ fishing shopping etc. This would not be just a gather once a month and go home. We would get connected with others as well as with our families. This is not a dating service but if you would meet someone at the grouping that would be great. Families would be welcome at the outings if you wish.

This would be a great way to meet others without the scary part of meeting one on one. If you live in area states you would definitely be welcome to attend. It is open to anyone.

Let me know what you think!

Peg

LMS67
Jul 13, 2011 3:34 am
Peg- Count me in - I have looked around also and can't come up with anything- I have some connections at York Hospital I could see if they have anything to help you get this started and I would be very happy to help :)
Lisa
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

pegmarston
Jul 13, 2011 9:36 pm
Lm
That would be cool. Let me know when you want to meet. Have you gone on your vacation?
Blessings
Peg
LMS67
Jul 14, 2011 2:17 am
Hey Peg, I go next Wed. and will be gone for a week- My dad is having bladder Surgery on Aug. 5th but any other Friday I am available. Check your schedule and let me know when you are free. :) Until then take care of yourself
Lisa
noona
Jul 18, 2011 3:00 am
I live in virgina, otherwise I would love to come.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Pilgrim
Jul 18, 2011 11:05 am
Peg, Although it is a well meant seemingly no brainer thing to do, pulling a support group together takes a maximum effort. First and foremost is the geographical chalanges, it would be wonderful if everyone lived close. If your serious give it your all and I will try to help. Otherwise to everyone I cannot recommend enough that you attend the UOAA National Conferences