Has Anyone Tried Ostomy Half Moon Tape with Aloe Vera?

Replies
Views
mooza
Nov 06, 2017 8:40 pm

Just quick check in i have been using ostomy half moon tape with aloe vera as i have a scar under my skin which come from 2 hernia tepairs i cut out the aloe very small use a skin creme seems to help those pesky little red dots on skin as i cant leave my iliostomy coloplsst pouch off maybe a few minutes  am quite jealous that people can irrigate and just use a tiny cap argggg  hello from Melbourne  😎😎😎😎😎

iMacG5
Nov 06, 2017 9:10 pm

What a treat from Melbourne! Mooza, it's so nice to hear from you.

Thanks so much for remembering us.

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Nov 07, 2017 6:44 am

Hello mooza.

Just to echo Mike's sentiments and say it's great to hear from you again.

I give my skin a rest by using an elastic belt to hold my own device(s) in place so that I do not need to use stick-on wafers.

I have often given thought  to the scenario where I had an ileostomy and could not irrigate and I have come to the conclusion that I would need to develop a gadget to get the output to exit through a tube rather than allowing it to come out randomly. The nearest (off-the-shelf) device to match my imaginary concept that I have found so far is the stoma 'collar' by coloplast, which guides the output away from the skin. However, I have made a tubular device that slides into the stoma and allows the output to exit through the tube. Unfortunately, because I have a colostomy, the output is often solid rather than liquified so it often gets blocked. It is useful to allow gasses to escape through holes in the sides of the tube.

I don't envy people with ilostomies but I feel sure that there are solutions to these problems, if only people would put their minds to it and do some R&D to come up with solutions.

Best wishes

Bill

iMacG5
Nov 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Bill, you're so right. Doing our own experimenting might provide some amazing results for ourselves and others. Mooz, I consider you an expert on this stuff and have learned a bunch from you.

Sincerely,

Mike