Good times!

Replies
Views
Julz44
Nov 20, 2011 7:03 pm
Yes, just like the song back in the day by Chic. I just wanted to say that I had a really good time last night. I went out with friends to a bar/club and I was really nervous as you fellow ostomates would understand, carrying all my appliances jammed into my little bag prepared for anysurpriseshowever, my stomabehaved itself - not a bulge or leak in sight especially after all the manic dancing!! Stoma - what stoma? I said to myselfby the end of the night. I just wanted to that it's times like these that really compensate for the s*^t times (oops -that wasn't deliberate)x
Past Member
Nov 20, 2011 8:13 pm
Hey julz well done you,it just goes to show that having a stoma doesnt always get in the way of enjoying life to the full. Its always best to go prepared,having done that myself in the past ive found i didnt need them. You were right to feel nurvous but the barrier has been broken. Thank you for shareing your story with us. tc ambies..
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Primeboy
Nov 20, 2011 9:27 pm
Readiness is all. We learned this in Shakespeare (Hamlet), in the Boy Scout Manual, and in many other places; but I'll add my two cents. Readiness may be all but it isn't everything. With more positive experiences like you had last evening, Julz, you'll find that preparation is only a means to an end. Your anxiety will be replaced with confidence; and, as Ambies said, you'll come to enjoy life to the fullest. You deserve no less.
Bill
Nov 21, 2011 9:24 am
Hello Julz44,It sounds as if you had a great time and I hope you have many more like it. Thanks for sharing the positive experience. Best wishes Bill
Julz44
Nov 21, 2011 7:39 pm
Hi Ambies, Primeboy and Bill -Thank you for your kind comments and your support. I needed to shout about feeling good about myself as I had a not so good time a couple of weeks ago when I had an accident with my stoma at work and....well, what can I say? it's a good thing that the carpet in the office has a few coffee stains already!!! :)x

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play