post op reversal day 2

Replies
Views
bag_n_drag
Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Hi all!!

This is day 2 post op. Everything is going well. I`ve had lots of loose bm's but am progressing well. i haven't seen my stoma site yet....it is all bandaged up but i think it is open and will heal from the inside out. I have 1 drain that is keeping the nasty drainage off the repair site.

My doc said that it was a difficult surgery, he had to cut an inch of rectum off due to scar tissue and a tiny bit of stoma off and then sewed the 2 ends together,lapo style.

I am up and walking the halls.:-)

more later.

darla

Past Member
Feb 03, 2012 6:54 pm
HiDarla,Nice to hear from you and that things are going well. Prayers are constant for you and for a speedy recovery.You will go from strngth to strength. looking forward to more updates..tc ambies.x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

junopete
Feb 04, 2012 2:11 am
Hang in there. It will take your body a year or longer to get where it's going to go.Good luck
Yukon steve
Feb 04, 2012 2:57 am
I'm glad to here you are comming along so well. I did not have my first bm after surgery for a week because my large intestine was pluged up with barium that the so called speicalist from Victoria said I could flush out by drinking lots of water all i did by following his advice was empty the bag every half hour. but since i have got home 2 weeks ago Ihave had several bm's a day but my docter tells me I will not be back to a normal daily shedule but I'm happy that the ordeal seems to be over. I won't be able to do any lifting for a year due to my history of hernia's but today I plowed the road into my trailer through three and a half feet of snow. I am hopeing I can move home this week town life is not for me Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery and no more problems
zeppo
Feb 04, 2012 3:37 am
I had a home care nurse who came out here every Monday for nine months she was great after two weeks,I was changing my apparatus myself.The first two weeks was a disaster.I have slept on my stomach my whole life,what a rude awakening at 4:00am LOL! I named my stoma Gary after my twin that died at birth.Sometimes laughter is the best medicine when things erupt without notice,but not always.You have lots of support here we'll take you through every obstacle you encounter step by step.God Bless,Zeppo.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Yukon steve
Feb 04, 2012 8:21 pm
My reversal hasgone fine so far so I have no more bag so I am going to be suporting and encouraging all of you in return for your suport showen to me
Beaner
Feb 08, 2012 1:04 am
Yukon Steve, glad all is going well! Beaner
Biddydi
Feb 12, 2012 9:01 pm
REally glad to read all of encouraging storied about the reversal. My son is having a reversal in mid-March (hopefully) for a transverse colostomy. Thank you Darla for your postings. Looking forward to more. Prayers are being sent your way. Also very interested in hearing other's experiences for their reversals so I can be encouraged and hopeful going forward.
bag_n_drag
Feb 12, 2012 9:48 pm
Biddydi - Thank you so much for your kind words. I am doing remarkably well for being less than 2 weeks post-op! I have also done one more reversl update; the week one...a week of wonders blog. I am SO thankful to be doing as well as I am...I think it's very important that those of us with positive experiences to share the details with others who are contemplating the reversal process! I do appreciate the prayers so much! I will keep all informed as my recovery continues. I will pray for your son as he contemplates his reversal process and prepares for same. Sending blessings your way! Darla