Kids say the darnest things

Replies
Views
DH
May 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Login to see image

My little niece said to me that she knows I poo in a pouch but that she is not at all grossed out by it. But then she added that she would never want to see it for fear it would make her sick. Ya gotta love um

Login to see image

b 4 life
May 30, 2012 8:59 am
lol i get grossed out when if i see a floater in the loo lol.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

mooza
May 30, 2012 8:36 pm
hahaha My neice was brilliant donna she couldnt wait to see mine and yes at the time was only 6 years old but i let her touch it too she said ewww but i put my pouch back on amd wouldnt you know ! she wanted another look ....Kids are great when they are young if you dont freak out about it they dont ......:) i said like my nurse taught me to touch my tongue then touch the stoma pretty much the same Kinda ......she is now 21 at doesnt blink an eye about it she even wore a pouch once lol ........xx mooza xxB $ Life im the same i say omg at least i dont leave those floaters anymore with my ileo so i dont know whats worse but i do flush hahahah some peeps forget to flush that grosses me out these days cheers Mooza you 2 have a great day :)
Past Member
May 31, 2012 6:44 pm
My thoughts too mooza i adopted my son at two and a half years old,i never hid my stoma from him and he was never fased when he saw it .Only floater ive seen is once my son left it behind at 18 omg yuk i soon got him back to get rid of it lol thank goodness i dont have to be afraid of leaveing one of those behind lol..tc ambies
DH
Jun 01, 2012 1:05 am
Hi mooza and ambies, I haven't shown anyone my stoma yet. Not even my husband.He hasn't asked to see it. But he told me that my surgeon showed it to him after my surgery while I was still unconscious.The surgeon was explaining to him what was done. I'me just glad he didn't flip me over and show him what he did with my back end. Some day I will feel comfortable about showing him my stoma. It looks alot better now than it did right after my surgery when it was still swollen and much larger.So I am sure he won't be repulsed. And I have had it for almost a year. Good night Donna

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
mooza
Jun 02, 2012 12:33 pm
HA HA actually yes while in hospital the stoma is so big and sticthed and looks so horrible , do agree bout the showing butt -bum .worse for me was seeing a really cute doctor and saying to my self please please hope your not the one sticking something in my butt ,and Oh yeah it was i would think gees wonder what he thinks if its big or not LOL i was 23 at the time so when those Handsome ones are for you it was embarrasing esp for me ....have a great /day /evening ...Just getting over a friends 50th birthday great night but my abdo was in pain ..See peeps pain and booze and meds IS A NO NO NO ugh off to bed feeling rotten seeya Mooza xx :
schneckerm88
Jun 04, 2012 4:52 am
Oh your poor little one, you are suffering, but the good thing is you haven't lost the homour. Just admire you for it !!! Well my B'day coming up soon and I'll celebrate with a few shots...don't know what bubbles has to say to it..maybe he plays up or it will help to get it all into the pouch easy..bummer