Reversal on Monday the 15th! Yay

Replies
Views
latina63
Oct 13, 2012 6:03 pm
After 11 months with an ileostomy I am scheduled for a reversal on Monday. It is exciting and scary all at the same time. My doctors are the greatest in the world and am so glad I met them when I first found out about my Carcinoid tumor in my rectum. Lower Anterior Resection last year and all cancer is gone! Thank God, I pray for all of you on here that all goes well with your health. I will still remain a member cause this has been an incredible journey! (I mean that) I am a better person because of it.

Mrs.A
Oct 15, 2012 12:33 am
Wow Latina,Tomorrow is the big day. I will keep you in my prayers tonight and I wish you the best tomorrow and in the future. I know you must be very excited. Hope you get some rest tonight. I am glad to hear you will remain a member because I know you have lots of words of wisdom to share. :)
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Primeboy
Oct 15, 2012 2:30 am
You are placing your trust in the right places, Latina. Your trust in good doctors and especially in God's providence will get you through this journey. You are already proving that. Let us know how you are doing when you can. PB
latina63
Oct 22, 2012 8:07 pm
Well I'm done with my surgery, the good part is that it was a success and my plumbing is working good! On the not so good part is that I had 3 hernias that had to be repaired and they wanted to look at my liver (is good) so my incision is just as bad as the first about 9 long. The pain has being unbelievable and I have a strong pain tolerance but I know better days are coming, I know it has being worth it just don't ask me while in pain LOL. Thank you for your prayers this site was very encouraging to me as I didn't even know what an ileostomy was a year ago.
Mrs.A
Oct 22, 2012 9:08 pm
Woo hoo congratulations! That is some good news (mostly) as you know the pain will pass and your scar will become another memory. Thanks for letting us know you are doing well.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Yukon steve
Oct 23, 2012 12:44 am
Good to hear you are recovering my pain lasted about 14 days then I woke up one morning and it was totaly gone the night before I was in agony. I had my reversal in January and I am still going 3-4 times a day but it is bearable I still can't eat all the foods I used to so be carefull Stephen
latina63
Oct 24, 2012 8:19 pm
Oh my my backside is on fire! Hopefully it will ease up some