Afterlife

Replies
Views
kimmytk
Oct 17, 2012 11:13 pm
I don't know if y'all believe in the after life..But I do and I want to share with you a story about my Dad who passed in 2006. My Dad was a hobbyist wood craftsman. He made bird houses, wood puzzles, furniture just small things and everything he made he cut a heart out of wood and put it on. He didn't make anything without a heart on it.

The 2nd day I came home 5 days out of the hospital (I stayed with my Mom the first week) I was having a really bad day. The seal gave way on my bag and it was the second bag I put on. It went all over me. Then I started poooing and didn't stop for 24 hours. I was emptying my bag every hour I was crying and couldn't stop. It was the first real output I had since my surgery. So I put a new bag on and jump in the shower. When I was drying off I looked up in the mirror and the only thing in my fresh clean bag was poo shaped like a heart. a big heart in the center of the bag. I quickly yelled to my husband to come see this and he laughs and says you are the only one I know that can make hearts out of poo.

Ever since then I have had this peace and knew I was going to be OK...

DH
Oct 18, 2012 10:13 pm
I believe that maybe your dad really was sending you a message. And if it is giving you feelings of peace,than he is most likely at peace.I am a very spiritual person and not at all skeptical to the notion that our loved one's can still reach out to us when they are passed away.Even if it is a message in poo.Hang on to that peaceful feeling. Donna
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

kimmytk
Oct 18, 2012 11:54 pm
Thanks Donna...I really do have peace now. I am OK with everything..I wanted to post this movie it's very interesting!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSEi_sfaSUfeature=youtu.be
Mrs.A
Oct 20, 2012 1:15 am
That was a wonderful story. Well not to rain on anyone's parade because this is only my opinion. I believe that once we move on we can not send any type or sort of message. I believe God sent you that message. He did it using the relationship you shared with your father so you would understand what He was saying to you.
kimmytk
Oct 21, 2012 7:12 pm
Mrs. A If it was God or my Dad I did understand and it's not the first time my Dad contacted me. He passed on Jan 27 2006. His Birthday was Feb 3 he would have been 76. My Mom and hubby and great Aunt went to the buffet my Dad loved for his birthday. There is one of those games that has stuffed animals in it and a claw that you use to pick them up with for .50 cents. and drop down a chute? My Dad always played that game and was really good at it. The last few times we went there with him he was trying for a Betty Boop doll for my Great Aunt as she is a collector. He never was able to get it. So on his birthday after his passing I thought I would put a dollar in and try my luck. I never ever played this game before. My first try I got Betty Boop and she was buried under other stuffed animals. I gave it to my Aunt. I know my Dad had my hand on that one.. I have more story's like this one too.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Mrs.A
Oct 21, 2012 9:50 pm
Awesome that you guys continue to celebrate his memory. :)
Past Member
Oct 21, 2012 11:28 pm
Wow.....beautiful story, thanks for sharing :-)BEG
jostler
Oct 23, 2012 3:48 am
awesome stories. Mrs.A, thanks for the thought about God doing stuff in memory of our loved ones, as I've struggled with the obvious signs relating to our loved ones. I guess none of us knows for sure, except the Bible says the dead know nothing, yet, either way, it's God's blessing and God's doing. I don't think it should rain on anyone's parade to atribute it to God in memory of our loved one. God is awesome and wonderful, and takes care of his Saints and sheep.
corncob
Oct 24, 2012 5:35 am
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your story!
vikinga
Oct 24, 2012 9:48 pm
You know.....these bodies are really only a temporary experience we are having...ostomies or whatever. So our spirit never dies. It's like an actor that has finished his part in a play. We are connected to all the other actors and to God on a spiritual level. Because THAT is what is really real.
kimmytk
Oct 26, 2012 12:13 am
I think these blogs need a like button!
jostler
Oct 28, 2012 9:34 pm
Good post Vikinga. It is very interesting, the obvious evidence for the afterlife. I'd even heard a friend tell of someone who had a (hell near death experience) I think we all can agree that the soul never dies. there is some debate on whether or not it just sleeps until Resurrection day(as at least one Bible verse suggests) or if we are instantly awake and present with God(or the opposite) when we die, as I believe there might be another verse in the Bible suggesting that. There's been thousands of glimpses into Heaven, and they seem similar, yet different in other ways. Personally, I don't think it matters whether we are resting, waiting for EVERYONE ELSE, or awake, and I really liked the suggestion that God gives us petals of the flowers that have gone before us as a possibility (Mrs.A) I am not choosing one position over the other, just that we all should be encouraged and have Faith in Jesus' death and Resurrection.
Mrs.A
Oct 28, 2012 9:46 pm
....just that we all should be encouraged and have Faith in Jesus' death and Resurrection. AMEN
vikinga
Oct 28, 2012 9:55 pm
In case you are interested, there is the BEST true narrative of a near death experience out there called Dying to be Me by Anita Moorjani.
Anoniem18
Jun 02, 2013 5:15 am
An interesting book by someone who didn't / doesn't believe, a neurosurgeon. Proof of Heaven Makes you consider. Also read somewhere at the moment of death there was a slight decrease of weight.Makes you wonder.Ed
Mrs.A
Jun 03, 2013 1:45 am
Well Ed, don't know for sure but maybe the decrease of weight is our spirit rising to meet God...Jostler I most certainly agree that ... just that we all should be encouraged and have Faith in Jesus' death and Resurrection. ....b/c I have that Faith. I believe in Jesus' death and Resurrection.
Mrs.A
Jun 03, 2013 1:45 am
Oh and Kimmy......I agree with you too. A like button is a great idea, other sites I belong to have them.
Anoniem18
Jun 03, 2013 5:04 pm
Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander, M.D., academic surgeon 25 years; 15 years at Brigham Women's and Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston. www.lifebeyonddeath.netIt is irrelevant as to what you believe it is a very interesting book to read. Ed
Mrs.A
Jun 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Gee Ed, Who thinks it is irrelevant as to what I (or anyone) believes? Is that in the book?
vikinga
Jun 03, 2013 10:04 pm
Actually , The Truth doesn't need our belief. It just IS. We are the ones that benefit from living consciously instead of hurting ourselves with our illusions. :)
Anoniem18
Jun 03, 2013 11:33 pm
Mrs.A nope not in the book actually he was (is?) a non believer. I take a lot of this with a grain of salt, rather skeptical, but I found it very interesting to read. I think that if you believe than that is good for you. Anyone's believe are their own, and I respect that as long as they don't try to impose their believes on me. Maybe I explained it improperly when I stated it is irrelevant... I was just trying to state that the book is interesting regardless of one's believes. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Ed