to those who did not have enough.

But now I’ve resolved this omission
I feel I’m in a position
to pat myself upon the back
and feel that I’m now back on track.

B.Withers 2023

kittybou
Nov 26, 2023 11:42 am

Are you reading my mind? I've been wondering for weeks what to do with my extra supplies. No stoma nurse here, I doubt the hospital even knows what a stoma is or how it works. I say that because, I went to the local e r in terrible pain, no fever,vet, Dr in ER told me to go home and take my pain pills. They life flighted me out the next day to K C. Brilliant fellow.  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Nov 26, 2023 12:21 pm
Reply to kittybou

Hello kittybou.
Once again, thank you for replying positively to my post. 
We are very fortunate in the UK to have a system of healthcare that has traditionally employed people to cater for aftercare as well as emergencies.

I understand from past posts, that in the USA there are people and organisations who do collect supplies and send them abroad to people who need them. I believe that the Ostomy Association of America might be able to put you in touch with such people.

On the other hand, if anyone (knowledgeable) on here is reading this, perhaps they could help by chipping in on this thread.
Best wishes

Bill 

Happy-but-Newbie
Nov 27, 2023 4:04 pm

Here in Spain (where I now live) I take surplus to Red Cross or Caritas (another big charity)...they would know who in the area might need some more, although it's funded by Health Service

did the same earlier when I was incontinent due to interstitial cistitis and early cancer stages...for that I know they gave my pads to an elderly man that needed more than allotted amount...

But maybe even some churches? Salvation Army?