Post-Surgery Bum Pain Without Visible Symptoms - Advice?

Replies
Views
paulbinnion1
Jun 24, 2024 8:04 pm

I had surgery in 2019, had my bum sewn up, Barbie butt. Everything has been okay with my bum, but the last few days have been extremely painful. There is no redness, no sores, just like someone sticking a needle in me. Does anyone have advice? Painkillers aren't helping. Stoma, etc., all working fine.

warrior
Jun 24, 2024 8:47 pm

Hi, welcome. May I ask if by chance, back in 2019 during the Barbie Butt procedure, did the surgeon sew your butt cheeks together too? Some of us had that done.

The length of time might be relevant, maybe not, but I had my Ken Butt done in October 2023. And I get those feelings of needle pinches sometimes. But you see, this is recent for me, not for you, so I'm just asking about the sew job. Are the cheeks causing these feelings?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
Jun 24, 2024 10:16 pm

Is it while sitting or continually? I know if I sit in a wrong-angled chair, mine will hurt. Could be those stitched-up cheeks like Warrior is talking about. If it's not continual or under specific conditions (wrong type of chair), I'd say it's just something not lining up correctly for a moment. Pain killers probably won't help that. If it's continual, get it looked at.

Chevichump
Jul 02, 2024 4:29 pm

Hi, I had my surgery last June. Any chance you might be getting a bit of pressure on the sciatic nerve? Things are tighter down there and there's a bit less padding. 😉

If it is nerve pain, there are a few quite effective blockers to ease things.