Rubies, Burgers, and Stomas

Replies
Views
Beachboy
Jun 29, 2024 6:09 am

Met Daniel (Lilmesican) for lunch at Ruby's in Laguna Beach.  What a fun, informative, emotional time I had.  I've never met anyone with an Ostomy.  We have a lot in common: Chemotherapy and losing all our hair, cancer, surgery, radiation therapy, extreme weight loss, and our little buddy.... Mr Stoma.  His is named Tommy, mine I call Herb.  Not sure why I named it Herb.. but somehow it fits.

Was fun to talk about stuff only someone with an Ostomy would understand.  Could you imagine talking to a regular person about..... pancaking??  

I look forward to meeting with Daniel again.

Justbreathe
Jun 29, 2024 12:14 pm

WOW an OSTOBRO! 👏👏👏🫶🏼

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

CrappyColon
Jun 29, 2024 12:38 pm

Love this! 😃

ruizvalerie149
Jun 29, 2024 4:26 pm

I can relate. I am still going through a lot. I've completed my treatment, chemo and radiation, and now I'm waiting for surgery.

ruizvalerie149
Jun 29, 2024 4:26 pm

I can relate. I am still going through a lot. I've completed my treatment, chemo and radiation, and now I'm waiting for surgery.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Beachboy
Jun 29, 2024 4:57 pm
Reply to ruizvalerie149

Keep us posted on your progress.  When is your surgery?  

Before I underwent chemotherapy, I met with Oncology nurses who explained the systemic drugs I would be infused with.  We discussed the physical and, just as important, mental aspects of what I was about to deal with.  They advised I should compose a mental picture, a scenario, about my battle with cancer.

I gave that notion a lot of thought.  And I did formulate a kind of movie, I would play in my mind as I suffered through the many rounds of chemo.  My therapy finished over 20 years ago.  I still vividly replay my "life battle" movie from time to time.  Keeps me focused and cancels out negative thoughts.

I'm sure many others have the same mental "Life Preserver" they reach for in tough times.  

Hopefully that would be something that could help you too.