Ostomy supplies while on vacation

Replies
Views
endicottamber
Jun 30, 2024 1:38 pm

Hi 👋   I was just wondering if my supplies would be ok in the car while I'm at the beach. Me and my bf life to drive the beach and spend the day there until we are able to check into our place we're staying for the weekend and I'm worried the heat will ruin my stuff. Just need any tips on what to do. Thanks 😊 

xnine
Jun 30, 2024 2:56 pm

I had a problem once when I kept a spare in the car. The front and back of the bag welded together. Do you have small cooler?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Happytostillbehere
Jun 30, 2024 2:58 pm

I'd put them in a cooler with some  blue ice packets. Just keep them from direct contact with your supplies. You should be good for the day.

endicottamber
Jun 30, 2024 4:53 pm

Yes I thought of using a cooler and stuff. It's all I can think of.  And texas heat is no joke. Lol 

AlexT
Jun 30, 2024 5:47 pm

They’ll be fine. Just don’t leave in direct sunlight, like all the dashboard. 😁 the little dog sided coolers work well cause they also insulate reversely(if that’s a word 🤷‍♂️). Don’t think you need any ice pack or anything in it, just put your supplies in, zip it shut, and put behind the seat so the sun doesn’t hit it. You could always leave the window cracked to allow heat out too. 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
IGGIE
Jul 02, 2024 4:07 pm

G-Day endicottamber,    Get a cooler and some ice packs and your ready to go. Regards IGGIE

Bellairish1
Jul 07, 2024 2:43 pm
Reply to Happytostillbehere

I keep mine in an insulated bag wrapped in a towel.