Looking for Stoma Guards Compatible with Belts

Replies
Views
olderone
Jul 07, 2024 6:32 pm

Hi all, just had my stoma moved; it was very low. With the stoma higher, I want to wear pants with a belt but will need a cover like the Stomaplex, StomaGear, or others. I looked at the Stealthbelt, but that doesn't seem to support against the pants/belt pushing against the stoma. Does anyone have experience with these items or have some wisdom to share? Thanks!

AlexT
Jul 07, 2024 8:11 pm

Stealth Belt makes a cushion/neoprene thing to use against impact and help muffle noises. You can also look at www.stomagear.com; their protectors are hard plastic with cushioning on the sides to protect your stoma area and give output some room to come out and get to the bottom of the bag.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Fishsticks73
Jul 08, 2024 3:43 am

Hello,

I am 4 weeks post-op from my urostomy surgery that I had on June 7. I just received my StomaShield from StomaGear that I ordered. This is a great product. I'm still getting used to it. It includes all 3 shield sizes and the different thicknesses of padding for all 3 shields. You will definitely be able to wear a belt and tuck in a shirt with this. https://www.stomagear.com/

Beachboy
Jul 08, 2024 6:08 am
Reply to Fishsticks73

Interesting. Except I wear a hernia support belt. Maybe I should wear the StomaShield over the support belt?

IGGIE
Jul 09, 2024 4:16 pm

G-Day olderone, Have a look at this photo and consider folding the bag up with the aid of the IGGIE Clip. I prefer to wear my shirt on the outside rather than tucking it in. See how you go. I added a small magnet to the clip so when it's folded over, it doesn't open. Regards, IGGIE

Login to see image

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Beachboy
Jul 10, 2024 4:25 am

I use the IGGIE clip all the time. I don't tuck in shirts either.

Sometimes I wear shirts that hike up and expose my bag's brown tail. My wife will immediately start pointing it out. So I roll up the bag drain one more time, then clip it. Thus, now shortened... marital bliss restored.