Living with an Enlarged Stoma: Meet "SKIPPY

Replies
Views
spiritman
Mar 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Login to see image

Hello There!!  

Now my good friend "SKIPPY" my Stoma... Is growing so much now that if I was to go river fishing I wouln't need any line at all I could just dangle my ever growing stoma over the side and use it as a fishing line????????????  I await your comments Hahahahaha....... Spiritman...

Login to see image

Whoa
Mar 17, 2009 1:54 am
Spiritman (and Skippy??)

Is your stoma elongated?  And is it reduceable?(meaning stoma goes back into itself when you lie down and rub the area)?    You may have a stomal prolapse.  I wouldn't worry too much about a couple of inches, but need to keep an eye on it and mention it to your surgeon.  They can get very long...., it can be a scary site and  may need surgical revision if prolapsing  more than 4-5 inches.  I've seen some doozies, yet painless.  It is more likelly to happen with a loop type ostomy but can happen with an end stoma too.

A suggestion: you can get a prolapse belt.  It is like a hernia support belt with a small velcro tab that keeps the stma in place preventing prolapse.  Nu Hope sells them, there may be another company too but Nu Hope comes to mind.

Might want to get the sugeon to check it out.  Stay away from the fishes!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

kenny_renny2002
Mar 20, 2009 2:28 pm
hi there i m too suffering from same problem. theey say that since i m weak i mean not muscular they wont do anything for the time being