Trendy Tops: A Comfortable Clothing Solution for Ostomates

Replies
Views
Jamo
Jun 16, 2012 2:46 pm
Greetings fellow Ostomates!

I had my operation 2 years ago this August and have been searching for something comfortable and affordable for daily wear to help camouflage and secure my ostomy bag.  I'm tired of having to wear my shorts and jeans above my waist like Erkel hehe

I happened to run across this product, Trendy Tops, yesterday while shopping in Rite Aid. They are marketed towards women but are not frilly and can be used for men too.

These are great for around the waist to help secure pouches and also provide a slim look for both active and intimate settings. I use a longer drainable pouch so I just tuck the end in the bottom and it prevents it from rubbing against my leg or private parts.

Here's the website...www.gettrendytop.com

They are $10 for a two pack at Rite Aid and you get a $2 UP reward if you're into that. The website has other colors as well as just the basic black and white. I got the large size and my waist is 33. Larger men should try the extra large. They stretch and are made of cotton so they also breathe well.

I used them for the first time last evening and they are comfortable to wear even while sleeping. They also provide me with an extra level of protection from accidental bag leakage during the night.

I think they will also work with swim trunks for the hot tub or pool. Also would be great for travel as you can hand wash them and hang to dry.

Am so excited I had to share...

Have a great summer! Enjoy!

All the best,

James
Juuust_James
Jun 16, 2012 8:39 pm
hmmmm i'll go check out the site and see what they look like - I havent had to worry about my bag getting in the way of "intimate Moments" for many yrs *sigh* -but Ive always wanted to find a thin stretchy waist band to wear swimming. thought about having one made for me out of some spandex material. I LOVE swimming,  but I hate having to wear my shorts up to my belly button like Grandpa :p LOL
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

notexpectingthis
Jun 17, 2012 3:26 am
Thanks for the tip man! Yall go to ostomysecrets.com & check out their wrap - unisex & AWESOME!
sony34
Jun 19, 2012 3:44 am
Ostomy secrets also have really good products that I am sure most of you would love...
Juuust_James
Jun 19, 2012 6:09 am

Well, I guess its NOT a Secert anymore now LOL -I remember one of their Rep's were at the last Conference i went to in New Orleans, nut didnt ever go check out their web site

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play