Welcome to MAO: A Community for Ostomy Support

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie
Jan 27, 2018 8:36 am

i decided to do it this way, because everyday another person joins MAO. We all had different problems for coming here, I would like to call it the green mile. Here all of us have ostomys, there’s plenty of knowledge . Where one can’t help with knowledge another can!! 

Welcome All!!

xnine
Jan 27, 2018 3:03 pm

There 17650 members today. Ask your questions. Spout off in a log. Jump in the chat room. Photos are nice. You might even meet someone.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Jan 28, 2018 7:54 am

Hello Angelicamarie. 

It seems like a good idea to welcome people collectively and I would certainly echo your remarks. However, I feel that it is still important to make sure people feel welcomed on a personal, one to one basis, as this is the essence of the sort of support that this site has to offer. I also agree with Xnine in encouraging new people to join in and look around the various sections of the site to see what interests them most. Personally, I do like browsing people's profiles to get a feel of who I am talking to and I get a lot of information from the 'collections' section.

Best wishes to you all.

Bill