The name finally came to me. . .

Replies
Views
RiotGrl82
Apr 27, 2011 2:20 pm
Many people name their stomas and at first I was turned off by the thought of naming it but now that I have come to embrace this gift I have been given I pondered about a name. Not wanting to name it something too crude (I want my stoma to be nice to me) I searched high and low, calling it different names and deciding that didn't quite fit right before I landed on. . .Kalliope. The moment I said Kalliope my stoma made a little noise and ironically Kalliope means beautiful voice. The added bonus is I have a nickname for it too, Kal my little pal! So from now on we will have the adventures of Colleen and Kalliope! Stay tuned for more!

jjMonaVie
Apr 29, 2011 12:57 am
Good for you. I named my stoma to soon and no longer connect with the name so I don't use it. Glad you have a great name and a nick name, you will have soem good times together
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Captain Tact
Apr 29, 2011 2:29 am
I didn't really name mine so much as just call it something. It's kind of a fine distinction....and for what it's worth, i just call it "Clyde" sometimes....

Which is a fairly odd name, but it seems to fit.
MrsO
Jul 24, 2011 6:38 pm
Hi, I love the name you picked for your stoma. When I first had my op the Dr asked if I'd named it... I thought he was made and pointed out 'it's not a pet'!?!? But you know what, naming it kind of helps, after all, its part of me. I actually refer to mine as 'my accessory'.
shawng
Jan 03, 2012 12:25 am
I never thought of naming my stoma. What I good idea. I have to come up with one.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play