8yr old with illeostomy

Replies
Views
dragon
Sep 12, 2012 5:14 am
My son is 8 and is in need of any person willing to have a conversation about life with an illeostomy, he has had his since he was 5. A colostomy was not sucessfull as he has no nerves in the large intestine, but its not hurisprungs diease. He just need to no that others are out there with the same as him!

butterfly48
Sep 14, 2012 1:13 am
I am so sorry this happened, i have had an ileo for one and a half years. I don't like it. Its no funbut when i think of others out there that have a disability I think to myself My isn't so bad. But at his age that is hard, i would try taking him to a doctor or a childrens group where he can maybe make friends with another child that has this situation. Most people are happy they have this procedure because they were in so much pain and this gives you a second chance to live life. So good luck and your young and one day they may have a procedure that will reverse regardless that it is a ileo. They have one now call a koch pouch but I have too much scar tissue so they say, but I am still looking at doctors everyday to put me back. Take care butterfly48
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Zebbie
Sep 14, 2012 4:31 am
In Canada we have a great camp for children called OSTOMY YOUTH CAMP From what I have read and the photos I have seen it looks like a great place kids to meet other kids who have Ostomys. The camp teaches self esteem and coping, Enterostomal (ET) nurses, Counseling on physical and psychosocial needs and so much more.On the fun side there is everything a kids camp has fun fun fun . Maybe there is an Ostomy foundation in New Zealand that you can call or look up on the internet to see if there is an Ostomy Youth Camp. Good luck and best wishes to your Son and Family Zebbie
dschnarr
Sep 16, 2012 8:21 am
Hello Zebbie. I would be interested in helping out with this youth camp. Do you have contact information and the time of the camp?Donald
Zebbie
Sep 16, 2012 3:00 pm
Sorry Donald I don't, The information about the ostomy youth camp was in the OSTOMY CANADA magazine. You can go to UOA CANADA on the internet you mite find the information you are looking for. If you find the info on how to volunteer please let me know i would love to do that myself. Deborah

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play